I had the Olympus OM2sp CLA’d a few months back but after using it I noticed the selector lever for the exposure modes was loose and getting looser. So I sent the camera back and they adjusted it foc, and it’s now working as it should. Took it with me to Dams Spinney last week loaded with Ilford SFX 200 (expired 2009) with just one lens a Vivitar 19mm wide angle with a Red 25A filter attached to try and bring out some infrared effects, because the film was so expired I wasn’t sure what I would get. Developed the film in D76 stock solution and was pleasantly surprised by the results, good job as I have another 2 rolls in the egg compartment of the refrigerator.
Next time I use this film I’ll try an R72 filter to get more of an infrared look. Really enjoyed using the Oly OM2sp, it has a lovely big viewfinder and spot metering, which I used for most of the film to help with the tricky lighting in the spinney. And best of all the negatives were really clean, I filtered all the chemicals before pouring into the developing tank and added a little bit of IPA (not beer) isopropyl alcohol to the final rinse.
This image came about by chance while searching for printer ink cartridges for my Epson. There were a couple of negative filing sheets hidden away in the cupboard, I must have put them in there because the negs had really bad drying marks and dust on them. So after a lot of work (and extreme patience) with the healing tool in Lightroom I managed to salvage this image.
Megler Bridge Looking Towards Astoria & Mt St Helens
Some of my favourite subject matter for the last few images, Old Garages, Electricity Sub Stations, Trees, and of course Doors. Really surprised how the kodacolor performed considering it was more than 10 years out of date. I have mainly used Kodak films for colour over the years, and really miss Ektachrome.
One of my lovely cats, Fleur, sitting still enough for a change for me to take a picture of her.
I recently got a battery adapter for my Olympus OM1n that converts the voltage from a silver oxide button cell to the correct voltage for the camera. I had used a hearing aid battery previously, and was surprised at how quickly it ran down and started to leak, just caught it in time. So I thought I would test it out and loaded the camera with some expired Kodak Gold 200 that I had in the fridge.
I haven’t used my old Olympus for quite some time so I popped on the Vivitar 19mm, loaded up with Fomapan 200 and went for a walk around town (still without a car) The Vivitar isn’t a very sharp lens especially in the corners and it has some quite strong distortions. I wanted to photograph some doors for possible posting on the legionofdoorwhores.wordpress.com/ blog and some architecture.
You can see the distortion by the wavy lines of the tiles.
This door is very near to where they found the skeleton of King Richard 111 and the whole area is undergoing restoration, I prefer it as it is.
This tree (I believe it is a horse chestnut) next to the museum has always attracted me.
I was quite impressed with the negatives from the Fomapan 200, it was developed in Rodinal 1-50 for 9 minutes, 8 minutes would probably have given a bit more detail in the shadows. I did very little to the scans other than levels a bit of sharpening, and some spotting out of specs of dust.
Shoot a film roll underexposed, send it to an enthusiast in the other corner of the world through snailmail. Let them reload and reshoot the film, again underexposing. Get the film processed and create bizarre cross country double exposures! We are on more social networks than you can imagine. Contact us at to join the fun on your preferred network.